PID and Predictive Control of Electric Drives and Power Supplies using MATLAB/Simulink
- 6h 16m
- Dae Yoo, Ki Ng, Liuping Wang, Lu Gan, Shan Chai
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
Electrical drives play a critical role in electromechanical energy conversions. They are the fundamental building blocks in manufacturing, transportation, mineral processing, wind energy and many other industries.
This book presents methods for design and implementation of PID and predictive control of electrical drives and grid connected three phase power converters with emphasis on meeting operational constraints while optimizing performance. The authors share their experiences in actual design and implementation of the control systems on laboratory test-beds, taking readers from the fundamentals through to the sophisticated design and analysis.
- Brings together both classical control systems and predictive control systems in a logical style from introductory through to advanced levels
- Demonstrates how simulation and experimental results are used to support theoretical analysis and the proposed design algorithms
- Gives MATLAB and Simulink tutorials to show the readers how to apply theoretical concepts
- Includes MATLAB and Simulink software for teaching purposes
- A companion website with Simulink/MATLAB® and xPC Target Programs is available
PID and Predictive Control of Electrical Drives and Power Converters using MATLAB/Simulink is an excellent resource for researchers and industrial engineers, as well as graduate students and senior undergraduates on electrical engineering courses.
In this Book
List of Symbols and Acronyms
Modeling of AC Drives and Power Converter
Control of Semiconductor Switches via PWM Technologies
PID Control System Design for Electrical Drives and Power Converters
PID Control System Implementation
Tuning PID Control Systems with Experimental Validations
FCS Predictive Control in d – q Reference Frame
FCS Predictive Control in α – β Reference Frame
Discrete-time Model Predictive Control (DMPC) of Electrical Drives and Power Converter
Continuous-Time Model Predictive Control (CMPC) of Electrical Drives and Power Converter
MATLAB®/Simulink® Tutorials on Physical Modeling and Test-Bed Setup