Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching: Assessment, Activities and Strategies for Success
- 4h 33m
- Robert Biswas-Diener
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
Discover proven strategies for applying positive psychology within your coaching practice
Written by Robert Biswas-Diener, a respected researcher, psychologist, life and organizational coach, and expert in positive psychology, Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching presents a wide range of practical interventions and tools you can put to use right away in your coaching practice.
Each intervention is clearly outlined and, where appropriate, illustrated by case studies from organizational and life coaching. Providing unique assessments that can be used to evaluate client resources and goals, this practical guide introduces tools unique to this book that every professional can use in their practice, including:
- Findings from new research on goal commitment strategies, motivation, growth-mindset theory, and goal revision
- A decision tree for working specifically with Snyder's Hope Theory in the coaching context
- An easy-to-use assessment of "positive diagnosis," which measures client strengths, values, positive orientation toward the future, and satisfaction
- Measures of self-esteem, optimism, happiness, personal strengths, motivation, and creativity
- Guidance for leading clients through organizational and common life transitions including layoffs, leadership changes, university graduation, middle age, and retirement
Filled with reflective exercises for use in your own personal and professional development, Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching also includes guidance and recommendations for marketing a positive psychology coaching practice.
About the Author
Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener is known as the "Indiana Jones of positive psychology," becuase his studies on strengths and happiness have taken him to such far-flung destinations as Greenland, Spain, Kenya, Israel, and India. He is the coauthor, with Ben Dean, of Positive Psychology Coaching: Putting the Science of Happiness to Work for Your Clients (published by Wiley) and, with his father, Ed Diener, of Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth, (published by Wiley-Blackwell). In 2005 Dr. Biswas-Diener founded Positive Psychology Services, LLC, a training and coaching consultancy. He and his colleagues train thousands of professionals in approximately 15 countries annually.
In this Book
Education to Empowerment: An Introduction to Applying Positive Psychology Coaching
Using Your Best to Make you Better
Making Molehills out of Mountains: Coaching Goals and Hope for the Future
Gray Hairs and Gravestones: Positive Psychology Coaching Across the Lifespan
The Practice of Positive Psychology Coaching