Pro Java 8 Programming
- 12h 4m
- Brett Spell
Pro Java 8 Programming covers the core Java development kit and the finer points of the core standard edition (SE) and development kit version 8. You'll discover the particulars of working with the Java language and APIs to develop applications in many different contexts.
You will also delve into more advanced topics like lambda expressions, closures, new i/o (NIO.2), enums, generics, XML, metadata and the Swing APIs for GUI design and development. By the end of the book, you’ll be fully prepared to take advantage of Java's ease of development, and able to create powerful, sophisticated Java applications.
What you’ll learn
- How to use and design your own libraries, classes and methods
- How to use the new lambda expressions, closures, stream API and more
- How to use the new thread and I/O APIs for today's Java applications that must perform at enterprise and parallel scales
- How to use the improved collections APIs
- How to build a better Java UI/UX using layout managers, Swing's JTable and JTree APIs, cut-and-paste, and drag-and-drop
- How to use Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) to connect and integrate with various MySQL, Oracle, and NoSQL databases
- How to work with internationalization, localization and more
- How to effectively use XML and add annotations to your Java applications and more
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Java programmers or developers looking to further refine or add to their skills and knowledge base.
About the Author
Brett Spell has been programming professionally in Java since 1996 and is a Sun-certified Java programmer, developer, and architect. Brett is a regular contributor to Java Pro magazine and former columnist on design patterns for the Intel Developer Services web site.
In this Book
Going Inside Java
Designing Libraries, Classes, and Methods
Lambdas and Other Java 8 Features
Using Threads in Your Applications
Using Stream APIs and Collections
Using Layout Managers
Using Swing's JTable
Using Swing's JTree
Adding Cut-and-Paste Functionality
Adding Drag-and-Drop Functionality
Internationalizing Your Applications