Pro .NET Performance
- 7h 35m
- Sasha Goldshtein
Maximizing the performance of your algorithms and applications is extremely important and can give you a competitive advantage, a lower cost of ownership, and happier users. Pro .NET Performance explains the internals of Windows, the CLR, and the physical hardware that affect the performance of your applications, and gives you the knowledge and tools to measure how your code performs in isolation from external factors.
The book is full of C# code samples and tips to help you squeeze every bit of juice from your application—lower memory utilization, consistent CPU usage, and fewer I/O operations across the network and disk. Pro .NET Performance will change the way you think about .NET application development.
- Guides you through performance measurement with a variety of profilers and other tools
- Explains how OS and CLR internals affect your application’s performance in unexpected ways
- Provides you with tips and real-life case studies for improving application performance
What you’ll learn
- Measure your code’s performance with profilers and other tools.
- Understand where the bottlenecks are and focus on the right area for performance improvement.
- Manage memory efficiently by interacting properly with the garbage collector.
- Avoid common pitfalls by choosing the right abstractions.
- Understand the performance implications of the underlying operating system and runtime.
- Improve the performance of your applications by parallelization, caching, micro-optimization, and other techniques.
About the Authors
Sasha Goldshtein is a Microsoft Visual C# MVP, and the CTO of SELA Group. Sasha leads the Performance and Debugging team in the SELA Technology Center, and consults on various topics including production debugging, application performance troubleshooting, and distributed architecture. Most of Sasha’s experience is in C# and C++ application development, as well as high-scalability and high-performance system architecture. He is a frequent speaker at Microsoft conferences, and the author of multiple training courses: '.NET Performance', '.NET Debugging', 'Windows Internals', and many others.
Dima Zurbalev is a Senior Consultant at SELA Group’s Performance and Debugging emergency response team. Dima’s troubleshooting and debugging skills enable him to solve seemingly impossible problems for customers, bringing to the table deep understanding of CLR and Windows internals. Most of his development experience revolves around .NET and C++ infrastructure projects. Dima is an active contributor to multiple open-source projects on Microsoft’s CodePlex website.
In this Book
Collections and Generics
Concurrency and Parallelism
Networking, I/O, and Serialization
Unsafe Code and Interoperability
Web Application Performance