Python Programming in Context, Second Edition
- 7h 15m
- Bradley N. Miller, David L. Ranum
- Jones and Bartlett Learning
The user-friendly, object-oriented programming language Python is quickly becoming the most popular introductory programming language for both students and instructors. This updated Second Edition of Python Programming in Context provides a comprehensive, accessible introduction to Python fundamentals. An ideal first language for learners entering the rapidly expanding field of computer science, Python gives students a solid platform of key problem-solving skills that translate easily across programming languages. Building on essential concepts of computer science, and offering a plenitude of real-world examples, Python Programming in Context, Second Edition offers a thorough overview of multiple applied areas, including image processing, cryptography, astronomy, the Internet, and bioinformatics.
The text’s emphasis on problem-solving, extrapolation, and development of independent exploration and solution-building provides students with a unique and innovative approach to learning programming. Python Programming in Context, Second Edition is the ideal introductory text for those delving into computer programming.
Features & Benefits
- Utilizes Python 3
- Provides a clear, accessible, and skill-focused approach to programming with Python
- Contains problem sets based on real-world examples and problem-solving rather than language features
- Offers a variety of exercises that develop independent skill-building and exploration
- Accompanied by a full suite of instructor support material, including solutions to the exercises in the text, downloadable source code, PowerPoint Lecture Outlines, and a complete Test Bank.
In this Book
Codes and Other Secrets
A Nest of Snakes: Introducing the Python Collections
Earthquakes, Floods, and Other Natural Disasters
Pycture Perfect Programs
Data Mining: Cluster Analysis
Fractals: The Geometry of Nature
Bears, Fish, and Plants, Oh My!
Your Father Was a Rectangle