Set up Your Home Office in a Weekend
- 3h 55m
- Faithe Wempen
- Cengage Course PTR
Create a high-tech office at home!
Providing more than just office design and hardware needs, this project-oriented book is a comlete resource for anyone needing to set up an office space at home. With this useful guide, you've got a complete plan of action for establishing the home office of your dreams--from determining space needs to financial planning to software selection--in just one weekend.
Inside you'll find
- Advice on whether a home office is the best solution
- Ways to tackle such common home office pitfalls as procrastination
- Information to help you select the best equipment for your situation
- Details about ergonomics and the benefits of properly setting up your work area
- Instructions on connecting to the outside world via fax, e-mail, and the Internet
- Marketing ideas, financial planning aids, and reliable record keeping solutions to help you get down to business
About the Author
Faithe Wempen is an A+ Certified computer technician and the owner of Your Computer Friend, a computer training and troubleshooting business in Indianapolis that provides beginners with one-on-one help with their PCs. She also holds an M.A. in English from Purdue University, where she taught English Composition and Business Writing. Her eclectic writing credits include not only computer books (40+ titles), software documentation, and training manuals, but also magazine articles, essays, fiction, and poetry.
In this Book
The Work-at-Home Plan
Setting Up Your Office Space
Selecting Computer Equipment
Your Connections to the World
Finances and Record Keeping