The Definitive Guide to IT Service Metrics
- 2h 24m
- Kurt McWhirter, Ted Gaughan
- IT Governance
Measuring success is crucial, but how do we do it? How can we be sure that the IT services we offer are adding real value to our business?
Used just as they are, the metrics in this book will bring many benefits to both the IT department and the business as a whole. Details of the attributes of each metric are given, enabling you to make the right choices for your business. You may prefer and are encouraged to design and create your own metrics to bring even more value to your business – this book will show you how to do this, too.
Measure the effectiveness of your IT service provision
Metrics are an invaluable tool for measuring the effectiveness of IT service provision. Used effectively, metrics enable businesses to:
- Ensure economical use of resources through greater understanding of current performance
- Identify areas for improvement
- Justify (or otherwise) and manage expenditure
- Inform the decision-making process and drive change within the organization
- Save money by reducing waste (resource, time, money, etc.)
- Fine-tune the services offered, thereby strengthening customer loyalty.
Based on ITIL and other service management frameworks and standards
Up-to-date, based on the ITIL framework, as well as COBIT, PMI, ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27000, The Definitive Guide to IT Service Metrics will show you:
- How to integrate metrics into your business
- What to consider when gathering and reporting information
- How to maximize the usage of metrics in order to ensure value for money from the system
- How to secure and protect your company's metrics.
About the Authors
Kurt McWhirter has more than 30 years' experience in IT strategic planning, operations management, and enterprise process design and implementation. He is certified as an ITIL Expert and ISO/IEC 20000 Consultant and is an ITIL Trainer accredited with EXIN and APMG for all ITIL 2007/2011 courses. Kurt is a recognized authority on using the ITIL framework to focus on business requirements that deliver high-quality solutions to customers.
Ted Gaughan has more than 25 years' experience in business/technical strategic development, program/project management, and IT engineering and operations management. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Process Design Engineer (CPDE), ITIL Expert, ISO/IEC 20000 Consultant and TIPA Lead Assessor. He has managed numerous large enterprise IT project portfolios, applying ITIL-based processes to maximize the utility of delivered results.
In this Book
Service Strategy Metrics
Service Design Metrics
Service Transition Metrics
Service Operation Metrics