The Project Management Question and Answer Book
- 5h 16m
- Marina N. Grashina, Michael W. Newell
The Project Management Question and Answer Book is a one-stop reference that both beginning and experienced project managers will use in countless on-the-job situations. Providing the answers to critical questions, from the simplest to the most advanced, the book is arranged to get you the information you need the moment you need it. You’ll find helpful explanations of crucial project management issues, including:
- Why PM is useful to you and your organization
- How to interact with project stakeholders to maximize productivity
- How to establish realistic cost, schedule, and scope baselines
- What management techniques can be used to motivate teams
- What methods you can use for evaluating project team performance
Packed with case studies and examples, The Project Management Question and Answer Book is an indispensable guide covering everything from estimates, quality control, and communications, to time-, risk-, and human resource management. It is a practical, constantly usable resource for understanding fundamental project management issues and implementing workable solutions.
About the Authors
Michael W. Newell is vice president of PSM Consulting and has thirty-five years of experience as a project manager. He has taught project management for companies such as IBM, Chevron Oil, and Sprint.
Marina N. Grashina is manager of PSM Consulting, Moscow. She has extensive experience in managing international projects.
In this Book
Human Resources Management
Building Projects in Organizations
Earned Value Reporting