VMware vSphere Design, Second Edition
- 12h 25m
- Forbes Guthrie, Scott Lowe
What can you do at the start of a virtualization deployment to make things run more smoothly? If you plan, deploy, maintain, and optimize vSphere solutions in your company, this unique book provides keen insight and solutions. From hardware selection, network layout, and security considerations to storage and hypervisors, this book explains the design decisions you'll face and how to make the right choices.
Written by two virtualization experts and packed with real-world strategies and examples, VMware vSphere Design, Second Edition will help you design smart design decisions.
- Shows IT administrators how plan, deploy, maintain, and optimize vSphere virtualization solutions
- Explains the design decisions typically encountered at every step in the process and how to make the right choices
- Covers server hardware selection, network topology, security, storage, virtual machine design, and more
- Topics include ESXi hypervisors deployment, vSwitches versus dvSwitches, and FC, FCoE, iSCSI, or NFS storage
Find out the "why" behind virtualization design decisions and make better choices, with VMware vSphere Design, Second Edition, which has been fully updated for vSphere 5.x.
About the Authors
Forbes Guthrie, VCAP-DCD, (tweet @forbesguthrie) is a technical architect who specializes in virtualization and storage technologies. He is also a VMware vExpert and the creator of several popular virtualization reference cards. Forbes blogs at vReference.com.
Scott Lowe, VCDX 39, (tweet @scott_lowe) is a technical architect at VMware. Scott is a VMware vExpert and the author of Mastering VMware vSphere 5. Scott also writes at blog.scottlowe.org, which attracts thousands of visitors daily.
In this Book
An Introduction to Designing VMware Environments
The ESXi Hypervisor
The Management Layer
Designing Your Network
Designing with Security in Mind
Monitoring and Capacity Planning
Bringing a vSphere Design Together