Web Testing with Cypress: Run End-to-End Tests, Integration Tests, Unit Tests Across Web Apps, Browsers and Cross-Platforms
- 2h 5m
- Lev Gelfenbuim
- BPB Publications
Perform fast, easy and reliable cross-browser testing with practical demonstrations
- Access to Visual testing, Cypress Studio, GitHub Actions, and the Cypress Dashboard.
- Simple and practical illustrations on using Docker images, CI/CD pipelines and headless Cypress test runner.
- Examples and solutions on using Cucumber for cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
"Web Testing with Cypress" teaches you to test web apps on any browser or platform with zero environment setup in a developer-friendly, end-to-end web testing environment.
As you progress through the book, you'll learn about cutting-edge testing methodologies, such as test-driven development (TDD), sanity testing (SST), and left shift testing (LTST). It also includes case studies and easy demos for non-technical users to help them write scripts in simple language to undertake application testing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explore Cypress capabilities, including forms, elements, action fields, and Cypress Studio.
- Learn to write and run automated cross-browser and cross-platform tests.
- Execute Sequential and Parallel testing, Shift Left testing, and Sanity testing.
- Make use of GitHub Actions, Cypress Dashboard, Cucumber, and NodeJS.
- Write test code, run CI testing and record test results.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Test Automation Engineers, QA professionals, Web Developers, and anyone who wants to test their web apps from start to finish with automation. This book assumes no prior knowledge of Cypress or testing concepts.
About the Author
Lev is a full-stack developer with 10 years of experience which comes mostly from start-up companies he helped to build from ground up. Lev has started his B.Sc degree in southern Israel. Lev is the first employee at Tastewise, a food tech start-up company that has raised more than $20 million, where today Lev's title is Tech Lead.
In this Book
Introduction to Cypress
Cypress vs. Selenium WebDriver
Write Your First Tests
Advanced Testing Techniques
Introduction to Cypress Dashboard
Integration of CI/CD into Existing Projects
Working with Tests as a Team
Cypress Driven Development (CDD) Approach
Tests for Product Managers Using Cucumber