Language That Leads: Communication Strategies that Inspire and Engage
- 5h 40m 13s
- Kasia Wezowski
- HarperCollins Leadership
Inspire and motivate your team using powerful verbal and nonverbal communication strategies.
Today’s leaders need to use effective, empathetic communication to bring out the best in their team members and let each individual shine.
Kasia Wezowski, a leading researcher on body language and communication skills, combines her cutting-edge research with Marshall Goldsmith’s leadership development methodology in this practical and timely resource for leaders. Goldsmith believes that a leader’s job is to bring out the best in each team member and Language That Leads breaks down the ten core qualities of leadership, providing easy-to-follow implementation steps to express, observe, and project these qualities effectively through verbal and nonverbal communication.
In Language That Leads, listeners will learn:
- Why leaders of the future need to be different from leaders of the past.
- How reading micro expressions, or brief flashes of facial expressions, is key to interpreting the honest emotions of others.
- The body language of leadership—What your posture, gestures, and stance say to others, and how to control this.
- Having emotional intelligence, and how to effectively manage others as a facilitator, not a dictator.
- How to use intuitive decision-making by trusting your empathy and making decisions from your gut.
- Using the BLINK technique to interpret someone's true feelings about a situation or idea in under two minutes.
About the Author
Kasia Wezowski and Patryk Wezowski are founders of the Center for Body Language, the world's #1 body language training company for business people, with licensed representatives in over twenty countries. They have been featured on ABC, BBC, CBS, Fox News; they publish articles in Harvard Business Review and Forbes; spoke at TEDx and Harvard University, and their educational videos on micro expressions and body language on Youtube have more than 3 million views.
In this Audiobook
Chapter One - Adaptability
Chapter Two - Empathy
Chapter Three - Engagement
Chapter Four - Transparency
Chapter Five - Courage
Chapter Six - Discipline
Chapter Seven - Integrity
Chapter Eight - Humility
Chapter Nine - Positivity
Chapter Ten - Purpose
Conclusion: The Era of the Lone Leader Is Over