Making Space: How to Live Happier by Setting Boundaries That Work for You
- 4h 27m 8s
- Jayne Hardy
- Recorded Books, Inc.
Essential advice for anyone who feels put-upon by life, on how to carve out your place in a busy world.
Our boundaries - the limits we place on what we will and won't tolerate - establish the dynamics of our parenting, jobs, relationships...everything. Healthy boundaries create a space where we feel safe, clear, and confident about who we are and what we want. But drawing those lines is often wrongly criticized as selfish, and making space is harder and harder in our ever-encroaching world.
In this practical guide, Jayne Hardy - founder and CEO of the Blurt Foundation - helps us reexamine how our boundaries are working for or against us, and she guides us to better protect our physical, emotional, and digital spaces. Packed with friendly advice and easy journaling exercises, Making Space reminds those of us on the edge of burnout to stop and ask: "Is this kind to me, too?"
In this Audiobook
1. Who am I to Write This Book?
2. What are Boundaries and Why are They So Difficult?
3. Making Space for Who We are and What We Need
4. Teaching Our Children (and Our Inner Child) How to Make Space
5. Making Space within Relationships
6. Making Space in a Digital Age
7. Making Space in and Around Work
8. Making Space: Culturally, Societally, and Environmentally
9. Emergency Boundaries