DevOps for Developers
- 3h 17m
- Michael Hüttermann
DevOps for Developers delivers a practical, thorough introduction to approaches, processes and tools to foster collaboration between software development and operations. Efforts of Agile software development often end at the transition phase from development to operations. This book covers the delivery of software, this means “the last mile”, with lean practices for shipping the software to production and making it available to the end users, together with the integration of operations with earlier project phases (elaboration, construction, transition).
DevOps for Developers,/I> describes how to streamline the software delivery process and improve the cycle time (that is the time from inception to delivery). It will enable you to deliver software faster, in better quality and more aligned with individual requirements and basic conditions. And above all, work that is aligned with the “DevOps” approach makes even more fun!
- Provides patterns and toolchains to integrate software development and operations
- Delivers an one-stop shop for kick-starting with DevOps
- Provides guidance how to streamline the software delivery process
What you’ll learn
- Know what DevOps is and how it can result in better and faster delivered software
- Apply patterns to improve collaboration between development and operations
- Introduce unified processes and incentives to support shared goals
- Start with or extend a tool infrastructure that spans projects roles and phases
- Address pain points in your individual environment with appropriate recipes
- Break down existing walls that make up an unnecessarily sluggish delivery process
Who this book is for
DevOps for Developers is for motivated software engineers, particularly programmers, testers, QA, system admins, database admins, both beginners and experts, who want to improve their software delivery process. It’s the perfect choice for engineers who want to go the next step by integrating their approaches for development and delivery of software. This book is for engineers who want to shape their processes and decide on and integrate open source tools and seek for guidance how to integrate standard tools in advanced real world use cases.
About the Author
Michael Hüttermann is a principal developer, delivery engineer and expert for Agile and DevOps who helps projects to improve their software delivery process. An Oracle Java Champion, Michael is certified as SCJA, SCJP, SCJD and SCWCD, is a member of the JCP and Agile Alliance, is a java.net JUGs Community Leader and founder of the Cologne Java User Group. He led the “Tools for Agility” track at “Agile 2009” conference in Chicago. Michael gives seminars and presentations at leading conferences. He has written three books: Agile Java-Entwicklung in der Praxis (German, O’Reilly, 2007), Fragile Agile (Hanser, 2010) and Agile ALM (Manning, 2011).
In this Book
Beginning DevOps for Developers
Building Blocks of DevOps
Quality and Testing
Introduce Shared Incentives
Gain Fast Feedback
Unified and Holistic Approach
Infrastructure as Code
Specification by Example