iOS 17 App Development for Beginners: Get Started with iOS App Development Using Swift 5.9, SwiftUI, and Xcode 15
- 5h 1m
- Arpit Kulsreshtha
- BPB Publications
“iOS 17 App Development for Beginners” is a definitive guide to building iOS apps with Swift.
This book teaches the fundamentals of Swift, laying the foundation for future app development. It covers how to develop user interfaces for iOS apps using SwiftUI and UIKit and how to write code for views, view controllers, and data managers. The book also teaches using Core Data, Swift Data, and SQLite for database storage. Additionally, it covers essential Apple technologies and frameworks, such as Core Location and MapKit for GPS tracking, Camera and Photo Library for image storage, CI/CD, and Core ML for machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
After completing this book, you will have a solid grasp of Swift app development and successfully publish your apps to the App Store.
- Experience the cutting-edge capabilities of Xcode 15 and Swift 5.9 with this enhanced edition, unraveling the latest features.
- Embark on an exciting journey into the world of iOS programming while enjoying the process of building your very own iOS apps.
- Uncover the exciting advancements in iOS 17, including SwiftData, ActivityKit, SwiftUI, CoreML, and the Symbol Framework.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explore the enhancements in the Swift programming language.
- Discover how to seamlessly integrate and manage complex data models using SwiftData and Core Data.
- Take a deep dive into the declarative and intuitive SwiftUI framework.
- Learn how to integrate machine learning with Core ML into your apps.
- Integrate ActivityKit to create engaging and interactive experiences within your iOS 17 apps.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to program in Swift and develop applications for the iOS platform. Whether you are a beginner, a student, or a professional, this book will teach you the basics of Swift and how to use it to create your apps. No prior programming experience is necessary, but some familiarity with other programming languages will be helpful.
About the Author
Arpit Kulsreshtha is an accomplished Developer, Team Lead, and Architect with an 11 year track record in Mobile Application Development. His expertise lies in Data Structures, Software Architecture, and Machine Learning, and he has successfully worked on a wide range of platforms, including iOS, Android, Symbian, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. Arpit is well-versed in various programming languages and technologies, such as Swift, SwiftUI, Objective-C, J2ME, C#, Xamarin, React Native, and Flutter.
Throughout his career, he has demonstrated his versatility by developing mobile apps for diverse domains, including business, e-commerce, education, health and fitness, lifestyle, entertainment, and medical. His deep knowledge of software architecture, analysis, application integration, and development make him a highly skilled professional. Beyond his technical expertise, he is also a passionate blogger, an avid traveller, and enthusiastic about all things related to the latest technology.
In this Book
Getting Started with Xcode
Class, Structure, and Enumerations
Protocols, Extensions, and Error Handling
Automatic Reference Counting and Memory Safety
Implementing iOS 17 Architecture
User Interface Design with UIKit
User Interface Design with SwiftUI
Concurrency in Swift and SwiftUI
Storing Data with SQLite and Core Data
File Handling in iOS
Core Location with MapKit
Camera and Photo Library
Multithreading in iOS
Networking in iOS Apps
Mobile App Architectures, Patterns, and Anti-Patterns
Publish iOS App on the Apple App Store
Continuous Integration and Delivery with Xcode Cloud
Advance iOS with New Frameworks