Microsoft Teams in Easy Steps
- 1h 32m
- Nick Vandome
- In Easy Steps Limited
Evolving digital communication, and the way workers use it to interact with each other, is a constant feature of the workplace. However, the Covid-19 pandemic has dramatically altered the way that millions of people around the world work, and this has led to a considerable rise in the number of people using remote working options such as collaborative software and video communication.
Microsoft (MS) Teams has emerged as one of the most powerful and flexible tools for linking workers in an organization, whether they are in an office environment or working remotely. Teams can also be used in a school or higher education setting if students have to access classes remotely. Teams can be used to create dedicated groups of people (teams), who can then interact with each other on specific subjects. This interaction can include text chats, video calls, document sharing and even knowledge Wikis.
MS Teams is a comprehensive work tool and at first sight it can seem somewhat daunting. However, Microsoft Teams in easy steps is the perfect guide to understanding Teams and becoming a fully-integrated team player. The book looks at all of areas of using Teams, including:
- Obtaining Teams
- Learning the Teams interface
- Getting started with creating and joining teams
- Expanding the functionality of Teams with the use of Channels
- Using Chat to communicate with colleagues
- Joining and scheduling meetings
- Using video to communicate with individuals and groups
- Sharing documents for a fully collaborative experience with Teams
- Increasing the options within Teams through the use of apps
- Expanding the knowledge base of your organization with customized Wikis
Microsoft Teams in easy steps is the book to help you keep up with the constantly evolving workplace, and ensure that you are not left behind in any aspect of a team-working environment.
About the Author
Nick Vandome is an IT writer and trainer who specialises in digital imaging and web authoring subjects. In addition to his writing, he also works designing websites and runs training courses. Before he started working with computers he wrote books about working and traveling abroad.
In this Book
The Workplace Revolution
Setting Up Teams
Getting Started with Teams
Channels and Tabs