Pipe Drafting and Design, Third Edition
- 3h 52m
- Robert A. Rhea, Roy A. Parisher
- Elsevier Science and Technology Books, Inc.
Pipe Drafting and Design, Third Edition provides step-by-step instructions to walk pipe designers, drafters, and students through the creation of piping arrangement and isometric drawings. It includes instructions for the proper drawing of symbols for fittings, flanges, valves, and mechanical equipment.
More than 350 illustrations and photographs provide examples and visual instructions. A unique feature is the systematic arrangement of drawings that begins with the layout of the structural foundations of a facility and continues through to the development of a 3-D model. Advanced chapters discuss the use of 3-D software tools from which elevation, section and isometric drawings, and bills of materials are extracted.
- Covers drafting and design of pipes from fundamentals to detailed advice on the development of piping drawings, using manual and CAD techniques
- 3-D model images provide an uncommon opportunity to visualize an entire piping facility
- Each chapter includes exercises and questions designed for review and practice
New to this edition:
- A large scale project that includes foundation location, equipment location, arrangement, and vendor drawings
- Updated discussion and use of modern CAD tools
- Additional exercises, drawings, and dimensioning charts to provide practice and assessment
- New set of Powerpoint images to help develop classroom lectures
About the Authors
Roy A. Parisher is a professor in the engineering design graphics department at San Jacinto College Central in Pasadena, Texas, where he has taught for over 30 years.
Robert A. Rhea is a former associate professor of engineering technology at the University of Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas.
In this Book
Overview of Pipe Drafting and Design
Flow Diagrams and Instrumentation
Codes and Specifications
Piping Arrangement Drawings, Sections, and Elevations
Standard Piping Details
Building 3D Piping Models