Skillsoft Announces 11th Annual Series of Live Events Providing Exclusive Access to Brightest Minds Discussing the Future of Work
BOSTON – January 24, 2019 –Skillsoft, a global leader in corporate learning, today announced its 11th season of Live Events, an exclusive series of interactive webcasts hosted by nationally recognized thought leaders in workplace innovation, productivity and leadership. The 2019 Live Events lineup features an array of experts carefully curated to address critical issues and key competencies essential for today’s leaders to succeed.
The 2019 Live Events features leading academics such as Michael Roberto of Harvard Business School and Bryant University, Stew Friedman of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and Cal Newport of Georgetown University. Additionally, several New York Times best-selling and renowned authors, including Daniel Pink, Dan Coyle and Erica Dhawan, will present on topics related to business innovation, productivity and leadership.
“The Skillsoft Live Events series brings the power to inspire and deeply engage learners across organizations and industries,” said Heide Abelli, senior vice president of content product management, Skillsoft. “The interactive nature of the events is designed to help leaders not only learn from each expert but also encourage them to engage in thought-provoking discussions about the future of work with those they lead.”
Skillsoft’s 2019 Live Events series includes:
- February 6, 2019: Unlocking Creativity: How to Solve Any Problem and Make the Best Decisions Michael Roberto, a professor of Management at Bryant University and former Harvard Business School faculty member, will present the six organizational mindsets that inhibit creativity in the workplace and demonstrate how barriers can be overcome to unleash creativity and organizational innovation.
- March 6, 2019: Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence Erica Dhawan, the world’s leading authority on connectional intelligence and author of Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence, will provide the rationale for how anyone, by developing Connectional Intelligence, can maximize personal potential and achieve breakthrough performance in the workplace.
- April 16, 2019: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing Daniel Pink, the New York Times best-selling author of To Sell Is Human, Drive and A Whole New Mind, will keynote Skillsoft’s annual user conference, Perspectives. In the keynote, which is based on his latest book, When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing, Pink will explain that timing is really a science – one that we can all use to make smarter decisions, enhance productivity and increase organizational performance.
- May 14, 2019: Total Leadership: Be a Better Leader, Lead a Richer Life Stew Friedman, Wharton School professor at the University of Pennsylvania and founding director of the Wharton Leadership Program, will refute the idea that the more we strive to win on one dimension, the more we sacrifice performance and satisfaction in the other three: family, community and private self.
- September 26, 2019: Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World Cal Newport, associate professor of computer science at Georgetown University and the author of five books, including Deep Work, will introduce the concept of digital minimalism, a philosophy for technology use that has already improved countless lives. Newport will explain how common-sense tips such as turning off notifications or occasional rituals like observing a digital sabbath don't go far enough in helping us take back control of our technological lives and attempts to unplug completely are complicated by the demands of family, friends and work.
- November 12, 2019: The Culture Code: The New Science of Successful Groups Dan Coyle, the award-winning New York Times best-selling author of several books on leadership and performance, including The Talent Code, The Little Book of Talent and a new book, The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups, will provide the evidence for a simple but important insight — that great groups don’t just happen by chance. They are built according to three universal rules.
Skillsoft is a global leader in corporate learning, delivering beautiful technology and engaging content that drives business impact for modern enterprises. Skillsoft comprises three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform and the SumTotal suite for Human Capital Management.
Skillsoft provides a comprehensive selection of cloud-based corporate learning content, including courses, videos, books and other resources on Business and Management Skills, Leadership Development, Digital Transformation, Technology and Developer, Productivity and Collaboration Tools and Compliance. Percipio’s intuitive design engages modern learners and its consumer-led experience assists in accelerating learning. The SumTotal suite features four key components built on a unified platform: Learning Management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management.
Skillsoft is trusted by thousands of the world’s leading organizations, including 65 percent of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.