Leadership and Business Roadmap – August 2023
“WELLNESS IS THE COMPLETE INTEGRATION OF BODY, MIND, AND SPIRIT – THE REALIZATION THAT EVERYTHING WE DO, THINK, FEEL, AND BELIEVE HAS AN EFFECT ON OUR STATE OF WELL-BEING.”
WELCOME TO August!
In today’s fast-paced world where free time feels like an indulgence, and to-do lists and stress have seemingly become acceptable parts of life, one aspect often takes a backseat: our wellness. Wellness is more than making it to an early yoga class before work or forcing down that kale smoothie; it's a holistic approach to living that encompasses our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. So how can you achieve this important yet illustrious state of wellness? Skillsoft’s Head of Global Content, Anju Choudhary has some excellent tips for prioritizing self-care and nurturing your wellness in her most recent article, Pursuing Personal - and Professional - Wellness. And later in this blog, you can check out the fantastic books we’ve curated for National Wellness Month in Skillsoft’s OFF THE SHELF book club. Whether you’re looking for ways to prioritize self-care, integrate exercise into your daily routine, manage anxiety and build resilience, or improve your overall mental health, you’ll find it all in this month’s book club and on Skillsoft’s Pericpio platform.
As you explore our library of leadership and business courses, books, audiobooks, summaries, and book club selections I encourage you to consider how you can leverage them in your learning solutions.
Many of us hear the phrase, “the future of work” quite frequently in
our day-to-day conversations at work. It refers to the ways businesses
need to learn about and adapt to the rapid advancement of emerging new
To help prepare leaders, teams, and individual contributors for this future of work, Skillsoft has developed a learning solution to promote enterprise readiness for Generative AI based around three principles:
- Developing a baseline understanding of Gen AI and establishing guardrails for thoughtful, safe, ethical use of the technology
- Solving business problems by leveraging the technology to reimagine the future of work
- Enabling transformation across the business and developing the human skills necessary to sustain progress
Check out these new courses that are part of Skillsoft’s new Gen AI curriculum:
- Generative AI and its Impact to Everyday Business
- Harnessing the Disruption of Generative AI
- Recognizing Hallucinations, Inaccuracies and Bias
Keep an eye out for these exciting new Gen AI courses that are being released throughout the month!
- Navigating Ethical Challenges and Risks
- Establishing Guardrails and Governance
- Reimagining the Customer Experience with Generative AI
- Reimagining the Sales Process with Generative AI
- Automate Data Analytics and Modeling
And watch for the remaining Gen AI courses in September!
- Improve the Employee Experience
- Leading in the Age of Generative AI
- Leading through the AI Disruption with Empathy
- Encouraging Innovation and Experimentation
- Leveraging AI as a “Team Member”
- Fostering a Growth Mindset in the Age of AI
- Developing Analytical and Critical Thinking to Reimagine Work
- Embracing Risk and Learning from Set-Backs
Our commitment to providing valuable resources for business professionals never stops. Every month, we're thrilled to unveil fresh courses that focus on popular business skills.
Check out these new releases on Percipio.
- Cultivating Empathy and Connection
- Leading through Change
- Get Organized and Stop Procrastinating
- Set Your Workspace Up For Success
- Creating an Effective Business Case
- Promoting a Positive Work Environment
- Be Productive By Working Efficiently
- Innovating with the Customer in Mind
Monthly Middle Monday Mindful Meditation
Have you had a chance to experience our Monthly Middle Monday Mindful Meditation (MMMMM) sessions? They’re a great way to break up your day, clear your mind, and return to work feeling refreshed and refocused.
Join us for a 30-minute session of mindfulness and meditation with Florian Brody, an expert Zen practitioner. Through this session, you'll learn about the significance of mindful meditation and its potential benefits for stress management and self-awareness. After the discussion, Brody will lead a guided meditation and conclude with a Q&A session to answer any queries you may have.
The next session is on August 21st at 12 PM, so make sure to mark your calendar and secure your spot for this enlightening experience.
We've curated an incredible lineup of captivating topics that are sure to leave you inspired. Get ready to be immersed in fascinating discussions that are both thought-provoking and relevant to your interests.
Get ready to elevate your leadership skills to new heights! Mark your calendars now to ensure you don't miss any of these impactful Leadercamps.
OFF THE SHELF BOOK CLUB
NATIONAL WELLNESS MONTH
Wellness indicates a state of overall physical, mental, and emotional well-being, where individuals actively pursue a balanced and healthy lifestyle to optimize their quality of life. OFF THE SHELF is featuring a bookshelf of resources that will help you prioritize your own wellness.
Visit OFF THE SHELF today to leverage the discussion questions for this bookshelf.