Sense & Respond: How Successful Organizations Listen to Customers and Create New Products Continuously
- 6h 19m 19s
- Jeff Gothelf, Josh Seiden
- Gildan Media
We're in the midst of a revolution. Quantum leaps in technology are enabling organizations to observe and measure people's behavior in real time, communicate internally at extraordinary speed, and innovate continuously. These new, software-driven technologies are transforming the way companies interact with their customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
This is no mere tech issue. The transformation requires a complete rethinking of the way we organize and manage work. And, as software becomes ever more integrated into every product and service, making this big shift is quickly becoming the key operational challenge for businesses of all kinds. We need a management model that doesn't merely account for, but actually embraces, continuous change. Yet the truth is, most organizations continue to rely on outmoded, industrial-era operational models. They structure their teams, manage their people, and evolve their organizational cultures the way they always have.
Now, organizations are emerging, and thriving, based on their capacity to sense and respond instantly to customer and employee behaviors. In Sense & Respond, Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden vividly show how these companies operate, highlighting the new mindset and skills needed to lead and manage them - and to continuously innovate within them.
In this Audiobook
1. Continuous Uncertainty: Everything's Changing, All the Time
2. Sense and Respond: Continuous Learning
3. Why Companies Resist: Overcoming Obstacles and Objections
4. You are in the Software Business
5. Plan for Change and Uncertainty
6. Organize for Collaboration
7. Continuous Everything: Do Less, More Often
8. Create a Culture of Continuous Learning