Skillsoft and StoneTurn Partner to Help Organizations Better Identify and Mitigate Risk
BOSTON and NEW YORK – June 1, 2020 – Skillsoft and StoneTurn, a global advisory firm that assists organizations with regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations, and business disputes, have formalized a partnership designed to streamline the management of risk across an organization.
During this time of unprecedented business disruption, risks associated with fraud, bribery, and corruption are on the rise. By conducting risk assessments, enhancing due diligence efforts, and refreshing training, businesses can help mitigate misconduct and protect their organizations. With the help of StoneTurn, Skillsoft customers can now holistically assess their compliance program framework―stretching far beyond compliance training programs to business processes and system controls―in order to better mitigate risk.
By engaging StoneTurn’s compliance and legal experts, Skillsoft customers can evaluate their compliance programs, identify gaps and potential vulnerabilities, and gain recommendations on how to enhance and improve compliance efforts. StoneTurn’s team of multidisciplinary experts in accounting, audit, compliance, monitoring, data analytics, forensic investigations, fraud detection, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption/FCPA, and other key compliance-related risks and controls help organizations navigate pre- and post-incident compliance matters and investigations.
“As regulatory environments grow increasingly complex and organizational risks continue to mount, it’s imperative for an organization’s compliance professionals, legal counsel, HR department, and board of directors to have clear visibility in order to identify, analyze, and remediate risks across their compliance function,” said Stephen Martin, Partner, StoneTurn. “By partnering with Skillsoft, we can help organizations enhance their end-to-end compliance function by providing advisory services or designing, implementing and/or maintaining effective compliance programs to prevent, deter, and detect violations of legal and regulatory requirements.”
Through this partnership, Skillsoft customers can access StoneTurn’s advisory services, including:
- Risk Assessment: Identify and assess key risk areas, evaluate existing risk mitigation measures, and recommend risk and compliance program enhancements to minimize critical risks.
- Compliance Program Review, Benchmarking, and Enhancement: Identify and assess potential risks and compliance gaps and assist with the design, implementation, and/or enhancement of an effective compliance program.
- Code of Conduct – Benchmarking and Enhancement Review: Assess an organization’s code of conduct and provide recommendations on how to incorporate industry and other best practices and mitigate exposure to risks.
- Third-Party Compliance Program Evaluation, Development, and Enhancement: Evaluate, develop, and/or enhance an organization’s third-party compliance program to minimize risks posed by illegal, unethical, or unmonitored third-party conduct.
- Global Compliance Adviser: StoneTurn can assist organizations as a Global Compliance Adviser to provide day-to-day advisory support on a retainer basis. Quickly deploy a proven compliance team with in-house chief compliance officer experience to help companies handle compliance program support needs and to assist with Board, management, and investor/stakeholder confidence in the compliance program.
“As organizations proactively seek to understand and mitigate potential risks, our partnership with StoneTurn provides customers with essential compliance-related advisory services resources to navigate the ever-changing regulatory environment successfully,” said John Arendes, Vice President and General Manager, Global Compliance Solutions at Skillsoft. “Combining StoneTurn’s proven advisory services with Skillsoft’s award-winning compliance training content enables organizations to further enhance their compliance program while better positioning the prevention and detection of misconduct.”
To learn more about Skillsoft partnership with StoneTurn, visit our partnership page.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K. and in Germany, Brazil and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world. To learn more, visit StoneTurn.com.
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Senior Manager, Communications